Monday, April 2, 2012

The Best/Worst Feeling

If you read the title you may be sorely disappointed with what I am about to say. For me some of the best and worst feelings come from apologies and forgiveness. That's right, some of the best feelings I've ever experienced were from apologizing to someone and laying out before them how I failed or what mistake I had made.

Rather strange isn't it? It is until you think about what is going on in the "background". Apologizing is usually thought of as a hard thing to do. I used to agree with that sentiment. Then I realized that making right your wrong and re-uniting two people in friendship or within the family of like minded believers should be exciting and not hard. Yes you made a mistake. You probably screwed something great up. But the thing I look forward to is telling the person you did wrong to that it was a mistake and that it was wrong. Then to extend the desire to re-unite in friendship and move forward towards the kingdom. That's the best feeling in the world. To know that through the extensive love of the Father and His design we can make right our wrongs. Granted the wrongs are sometimes so great that while forgiveness may be granted the damage is done. Those are the worst feelings I have known. It is horrifying to know that your mistakes affect not only you but also someone else, the recipient of your sin.

My mistakes seem to always come in giant waves and destroy virtually everything in their path. It also seems that my mistakes affect others a lot. I hate that feeling and knowing it was my sin that made things the way they are or will be. In spite of this, I still look forward to apologizing because I know it is the right thing to do regardless of the consequences. The sin deserves the consequences not the apologizing. The act of apologizing should show remorse for the action not fear of the consequences.

This is a nice short little post but it's packed with some amazing, thought provoking material.


I hope to see you all reading this and that you return tomorrow too!

No comments:

Post a Comment